This page describes what I’m up to now. It is a written version of what I would say that I am doing if we met and you asked me what I am up. This page was inspired by the now page movement.
Mostly, I’m parenting, teaching, writing, and learning.
- I’m hanging out with Mira. She is doing lots of stuff!
- Eating adult food
- Walking with support
- Signing for milk and attention
- Babbling occassionally
- As fall comes on, I’m hiking and exploring:
- I’m teaching on campus, with social distancing and a mask mandate. Our proof-of-vaccination requirements will come in to effect on October 16th.
- Teaching MAT A29: Calculus I for the Life Sciences
- Developing MAT B42: Techniques of the Calculus of Several Variables II
- Developing my academic writing practice.
- Finishing up a short piece for the CMS Education Notes on how MAT 223 went online, and how our active/flipped class weathered the Pandemic storm.
- Learning some things:
- docstrip package for $\LaTeX$ by making documents for my courses. I’m following this article Matthew Leingang: Using DocStrip for multiple document variants)
- mutt by sending and receiving e-mail through ctrl-c.club
This version of the story is accurate as of Thanksgiving 2021.